NEW bike engined single seater race car from Greenway motorsport.
P1000 SINGLE SEATER.
This single seat racing car has been carefully designed for those aspiring young drivers who want to progress in their chosen career, whilst offering a large degree of safety that will compliment their racing vision. Equally, the P1000 offers the more mature racer the chance to compete in club racing with a sensible budget.
The P1000 also provides an excellent bridge between Karting and larger national and international race series such as Formula 3, Formula Renault or GP3. Some of the best known racing tracks will allow the drivers to familiarise themselves with circuits for their future whilst developing their skills, techniques and race craft.
Set-up, fuel and electronics checks can be easily made on the cars, so an individual with just family help can compete fairly with a driver who chooses a team to run the car.
The Greenway Motorsport P1000 is the race car of choice as it encourages and rewards smooth driving. In fact, the smoother and more flowing the style, the better the lap times. This not only promotes consistency and confidence, but also gives drivers both young and not so young, every opportunity to maximise their potential!
After a season or two with the P1000, valuable ground work will have been learned by the driver, enabling them to take the next step on their chosen path. Alternatively, drivers may find they enjoy driving this car so much they choose to stay with the formula.
Specification – P 1000
· Single seat, tubular steel space frame chassis.
· Jig built, powder coated chassis and wishbones.
· Manufactured from T45 and 4130 chrome-moly steel.
· MSA Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) Certification.
· All materials used in the manufacture of the chassis are traceable thus ensuring full compliance.
· As a further aid to driver safety, full length anti-intrusion side panels have been incorporated in addition to the inner front wishbone-to-chassis mountings anti-intrusion plates.
· The engine is a standard production, sealed Suzuki GSX-R1000 with a 6 speed sequential gearbox.
· Well proven and ultra reliable Quaife ATB differential.
· Semi-automatic Flatshifter gear change system with steering wheel mounted paddle shift. This set-up allows both full throttle clutchless upshifts, as well as clutchless downshifts with the throttle being blipped automatically. This enables drivers to left foot brake if they wish as the down gear change is seamless on entering braking areas.
· Gearbox mounted, electrically operated reverse gear.
· Pushrod operated, fully adjustable inboard coil over dampers.
· All bodywork is glass reinforced plastic with adjustable front and rear wing elements. The main body is 1 piece in standard form. As an optional extra, the main section can be supplied with a separate engine cover and front panel.
· ATS European Formula 3 specification race wheels supplied by Greenway Motorsport are fitted as standard to the P1000 for both slick and wet tyres.
P 1000 Spares
All parts for the P1000 are available exclusively from Greenway Motorsport. Whilst most teams or individuals will keep items such as spare wings, wheels, tyres, etc., additional stock can be ordered from Greenway Motorsport with further spares available at all official tests and race meetings.
Greenway Motorsport staff will also be in attendance at certain race meetings to offer impartial help and assistance to teams and/or drivers.
A very important consideration is the budget required to run a P1000. From the outset we decided to keep the engine, gearbox, clutch, ECU and drive train standard. This ensures that wherever possible, race by race running costs will be kept to a minimum.
Cooper Avon and Hoosier have slick and wet tyres that are eminently suitable for the P1000. Both manufacturers have a range of race tyres that show excellent grip and wear characteristics. These important points promote both reliability and cost control.